Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Day

Do you ever have those days where you swear your brain has just packed up and gone on vacation? I think I have more then my fair share of those days, like when I went to work with my slippers still on, or when I forgot to wear deodorant to work or even, (gasp), a bra- I still don't know how I managed that! Anyway, today was another one of those days for me. Well, not the entire day, but certainly the last few hours of it.

First, I was standing in my boss' office talking to her about some tax issues while swinging my security badge around on the end of the lanyard. Next thing I knew, my badge swung up and I smacked myself in the mouth with it. I stood there for a second, looking at my boss to see if she had noticed, which, OF COURSE, she did. Then I said the only thing that came to mind, "Ow!" Thankfully at that point she burst out laughing with me. I'm sure my boss already doubts my intelligence; this probably is just icing on the cake for her.

Not an hour later, I was in Wal*Mart with Spence picking up a few essentials. Matt called while I was doing the self-check out. I managed to scan all of my items and even found the right code for my grapes. I waited for a few moments, but I couldn't figure out why I wasn't getting a receipt. I was done. I had scanned everything. I had pushed the "Finish & Pay" button. I had bagged it all. I had... wait... no... I hadn't paid yet. THAT was why I didn't get my receipt. My heavens. Guess I can't talk on the phone and do self-check out at the same time.

So I hung up with Matt, paid for my items, and walked out of the store. I started to unload my cart when I realized that I didn't have anything in my cart! Nothing. I hadn't grabbed even ONE bag from the bagging area. I had paid and then left. So of course, I went back to get my bags, hoping nobody had noticed and ran into one of the Wal*Mart workers running out with my bags. *sigh* What do you say at that point? "Thanks... I'm just an idiot. Don't mind me."

My next dumb thing was to come home and first thing tell Matt all about it. At least it had him rolling on the floor laughing at me, literally.

I think it's about time to go to bed... I've done enough for today. :-D

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What a day. I'm so sorry. Ya, you should never tell Matt those things. He has a tendency to make fun of you and then continue to hold it over your head.:)

stewbert said...

*snort* awesome. i'm glad i'm not the only one. only I probably would've said something other than "ow" if it'd been me.

(I had a day where I dropped one of our heavy table knives on my big toe. Then a few days later, one of our heavy-bottomed glasses. On the same toe. and swore, in front of my dear step-daughter. oops)

and yeah, kind of a rule of thumb i follow is never telling your significant other about the stupid crap we do -- most of them will mock us forever.

Phillips Flips said...

Sounds like you and I both have a case of Mommybrain. We are forced to multitask everything. Each time I arrive home alive from grocery shopping with my two kids, I immediately reward myself with the yummiest treat I bought. Even if I forgot a third of the stuff I meant to buy.