Monday, June 16, 2008

Couple's Photo

Yesterday Matt and I went up to Ephraim to spend some time with his parents and sister. While we were there we went over to his dad's work and got the tour of his office with a window. Afterwards we sat on the grass in the field and Matt played with his camera. He didn't really expect to get any good photos since he was just playing and letting his dad and sister play, but he actually got a few good ones- with him in them! I'm pretty excited since I've been asking for a couple photo of us for a while and some of the ones that turned out were of us.

Matt uploaded them to Costco for me and even had a 8x10 printed of us to hang in his house. Tonight when he got home he put it in a frame and put it on his wall in the entryway. I was feeling pretty special! I mean, he's got a picture of us hanging there for everyone to see. That's a good sign right?? As I was admiring it, I thought maybe it was a little crooked and I went to straighten it. I guess I straightened it too much because it went totally crooked the other way. I pushed it with my finger to the other side and knocked it off the wall! It crashed down and hit two stairs before it finally stopped in the entry way and broke! The glass shattered, the frame splintered and even the photo got scratched from all of the glass. I guess that'll teach me to be cocky! ;-)

6 comments:

raising4boys said...

When I first looked at it I thought Matt photoshopped it that way!! Cute picture. At least you know you can print another one.

stewbert said...

Cute picture! I probably would've said a bad word and cried. lolol.

kaje said...

Thanks! I really like the photo.

honestly, the only reason I didn't say a bad word was because Spencer was there. I kept saying I was sorry over and over again to Matt. He kept saying it was fine and laughing, but I still felt horrible. Finally Spencer said, "It's ok, Mommy. Everybody makes mistakes."

stewbert said...

awwww, you have such a sweet boy. and yes, everybody makes mistakes. :)

Todd said...

you are the most awesome person I know

Mother 25 - 8 said...

That's a really funny story. And yet, I can still tell that it's a really cute photo!