Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Host

The Host: A Novel The Host: A Novel by Stephenie Meyer


My review


rating: 5 of 5 stars
I finished The Host over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it, even more so then the Twilight series! The pace was good and overall the book was an easy read. Stephanie Meyer did a wonderful job of introducing a new point of view for an alien invasion, while still keeping it simple enough that you could connect with the main character, Wanderer, an alien. It was hard for me to decide which side I was on and how I wanted things to end.

I really liked the resolution with "The Seeker." The book did a great job of explaining what was going on there and why she just wouldn't give up.

The only part of the book where I did feel a little disappointed was at the end. It almost seemed as if the author were trying just a little too hard to please everyone. However, it worked, and even I was happy with the ending. It made enough sense to me, and the very last part of the book put a wonderful twist on things. I would like to see her continue on with this line of "going native" like Orson Scott Card did with Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow.

If you want to find out more about the book go here:The Host.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Did you find it rough at the beginning? I'm having a hard time with it. It might be that I keep getting interrupted. I know I had a hard time at the beginning of Twilight but I finally got into it.

raising4boys said...

I am just reading Twilight for the first time. I have heard so much about Stephanie Meyer's books, I felt like I was missing out. I just hope I have time to read it all.

kaje said...

Debbie- how's the book coming? Have you been able to get into it yet?

Andrea- they are well worth the read! I like the second one might have been my favorite one though. Let me know when you finish that one! I can't think of any way to ask you what I want without giving anything away!