Friday, April 4, 2008

Girls are EVIL

At 2:33 this afternoon my cell phone rang with a call from a number I didn't recognize. I answered it and was surprised to hear a little girl's voice asking for Spencer. Usually I don't have him with me in the afternoons, but today I had to pick him up and bring him back to work with me. Being the nosy mom that I am, I asked who it was and heard something like, "Shelly Davie." I gave the phone to him and then sat back and watched.

First he made a funny face and then just held it... and held it... and then held it some more. Finally he said hello and then his face went from it's normal pink-cheeked look, to scarlet in a matter of seconds. Then he said bye, and hung up. He looked at me and said,"She said she really has a big crush on me and really wants to kiss me!! And then she said bye and hung up!" And then he fell over in a fit of giggles.

The best part is, he has NO idea who she is! None. Doesn't know a girl named Shelly or Sherry. Regardless, even though the whole thing was pretty funny to me, I did have to have the talk with him about kissing. I don't want to make it a huge deal at this age, but I did tell him that kisses should be saved for when you are older, (like 18), and that girls are evil. Ok, I didn't tell him that girls are evil, but I seriously considered it!

4 comments:

stewbert said...

LOL. That's hilarious! Girls are soooooo forward ... sheesh! Kiddo never called any though ...

Todd said...

Girls are evil! Better that he knows it at his age then after his heart is smashed by a few!

Matt said...

Sounds exactly like what you did to me.

Debbie said...

So funny! Don't you just love this age.